Your Hourfleet tenancy has four main roles, and each role as distinct activities and responsibilities. The roles are:
- Network Operator - The administrator of your car sharing network
- Car Owner - The designated owner of a car
- Car Borrower - The customer to reserves and rents a car
- Insurance Provider - The person representing the Network Operator’s insurance provider
Many of each roles’ responsibilities are time-critical, and some of these have automated events that take place in the absence of any activity from the role owner. For example, when a Car Renter finishes a booking the Car Owner then has a configurable length of time in order to complete the booking, noting the condition of the car and rating the Car Renter. In the absence of this action, Hourfleet will automatically complete that booking.
It is important to remember that sometimes the same person may have several concurrent roles. For example, if the Network Operator is running a network where they own the cars (sometimes referred to as a B2C network) then they also function as a Car Owner. Hourfleet’s support for Car Owner features is found in ‘My Cars’, while support for Network Operator features is found in the ‘Operations Dashboard’
Network Operator Responsibilities
- Verifying Car Borrower profiles
- If the network operator has their owner cars listed on the network, then they should undertake the Car Owner Responsibilities shown below.
- Verifying cars
- Managing the billing of completed bookings
Car Owner Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining the car profile, including photos, features, pricing, home location and more
- Deciding if their car can be automatically booked by Car Borrowers, or if they want to manually approve/decline each booking request
- Deciding if their car must be pre-booked, or if it can instead be rented immediately without pre-booking.
- If applicable, manually approving/declining each booking requests
- Managing any dialog with Car Renters before, during or after a booking
- Signing off a booking when it has been concluded, including rating the Car Borrower
- Following the Network’s guidance on how to deal with any instances of any damage/loss
- For peer-to-peer networks, maintaing the details of how their rental income should be remitted.
- Depending on the Network Operator’s policy, working with the Insurer in respect of any claim
Car Borrower Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining their own profile, including contact details, drivers’ licence image, credit card and more
- Finding cars, and making booking requests
- Being aware of the booking approval process, noting that their booking requests may or may not be automatically approved
- Using the app to start and finish their bookings
- If the car is fitted with an Hourfleet car-kit, using the app to unlock the car, and importantly, to lock the car when they leave it unattended
- Returing the car to its designated home location at the conclusion of their booking, and then using the app to finish the booking and to provide rating and feedback to the Car Owner
- Working with the Car Owner in respect of any insurance claim
Insurance Provider Responsibilities
- Querying the Networks’ bookings
- Working with the Network Operator and/or a Car Owner in respect of any claim